Bathroom Remodeling 101: Choosing Bath Vanities
Baltimore | Maryland | Annapolis | Columbia | Ellicott City
Are you searching for bath vanities in Maryland for your home?
There’s a lot that goes into revamping your bathroom, from designing layouts to installing shower liners.
One of the most important visual characteristics of your bathroom is the vanity.
Here, we provide a comprehensive guide to choosing your vanities.
Our Service Area Includes:
- Silver Spring
- Ellicott City
- Owings Mills
Call us at (410) 997-7700 OR fill out our online contact form
Bathroom Sinks – Where Function Meets Art
Sorting through the countless bathroom sinks can be mind-boggling.
Finding one that strikes a balance between functionality and beauty can be even tougher.
Fortunately, when selecting a sink, or frankly, any of the necessary Maryland bath vanities, you don’t have to sacrifice artistic taste.
Take your pick from any of the following sink styles:
- Wall-mounted – A wall-mounted sink is the ideal choice for a smaller bathroom because it saves floor space. It can be hung at any height, with a mirror above, and cabinets above or beside.
- Pedestal – A pedestal sink is freestanding. It is also a preferred option for smaller bathrooms because, unlike vanity-top or self-rimming sinks, it doesn’t rest on a floor-mounted cabinet, so you are free to place it anywhere you wish.
- Self-rimming – A self-rimming sink is mounted inside the countertop from above. These vanities can come in a variety of shapes and can complement virtually any countertop.
- Vanity top – A vanity top sink, unlike its self-rimming cousin, is a countertop with the sink built right in. If you choose this option, know your precise measurements in advance, as vanity top sinks can be difficult to modify.
- Undermount - An undermount sink is similar to a self-rimming style, except that the sink is installed from below the countertop instead of above. Faucets are usually mounted on the counter or the wall behind.
- Vessel – A vessel sink rests on top of a counter top and looks similar in shape to a bowl. This is a more modern choice often installed in bathrooms with contemporary themes.
- Console – A console sink combines the pedestal design with counter space, and rests on two or four legs. Keep in mind that with console bathroom sinks, all the plumbing underneath is visible.
The above bath vanities can be crafted from whatever material suits your taste, like stone, glass, marble, wood, porcelain copper, or china.
Don’t be afraid to mix and match color, detail and material if you need to.
In the end, however, you should pick a bath sink that reflects the theme and personality of the bathroom while meeting your hygienic needs.
Find Your Storage Solution with Bathroom Cabinets
You can have the best bath design in the world, but your bathroom vanity is incomplete without cabinets.
Bathroom cabinets don’t just clean up the clutter. They are handsome assets to an already stunning room.
Based on the size and layout of your bathroom, the location of the mirrors, and your preferred sink style, you can take your pick of any of the following types of cabinetry:
- Sink vanity cabinets – If you plan to install a counter-mounted sink, single and double-sink bath vanities in Maryland are the way to go. They support your sink while providing valuable storage space below. They come in a wide range of sizes, materials, and finishes.
- Mirrored cabinets – If you want your mirrors and cabinets to be installed as one fixture, this option might be right for you. Mirrors are mounted on the outside of the doors for your convenience.
- Medicine cabinets – Whether freestanding or wall-mounted, medicine cabinets are perfect for storing essential toiletry and healthcare items. They can also be crafted in any material of your choosing.
Once you have your bathroom cabinet style figured out, focus on the details.
Think about the color that best complements your bathroom.
Ask what materials you want – wood, laminate, thermofoil – and what finish fits best with the bathroom’s theme.
Accessorizing Your Bath Vanities in Maryland
The last thing to consider when it comes to bathroom vanities is how to best accessorize your unit.
- Lighting . Selections range from wall-mounted sconces to vanity lights, and are available in chrome, brushed nickel, bronze, wood and more.
- Fixtures . Faucets come in a variety of materials and styles, whether you want a chrome faucet with a lever handle or a bronze faucet with a cross handle. You should also pick out cabinet knobs or handles that match your chosen faucets.
It’s a lot to think about, which is why homeowners like you often recruit the help of an expert.
Why Hire a Certified Bathroom Remodeler?
A bathroom renovation is a big job to carry out alone, though it is certainly possible.
Doing a project of such a large magnitude on your own, however, has the potential to cost you in the long run. Factor in issues like demolition, installation, plumbing, electrical work and decorating, and you have quite a venture on your hands.
To avoid the hassle that bathroom remodeling can cause, think about hiring a certified construction and design company.
For over 20 years, Starcom Design/Build has helped many satisfied customers in Maryland with their bathroom projects . from the planning stages to decisions about bath vanities in Maryland.
We can do the same for YOU.
Let us know what you want done and our award-winning design team will help you carry it out from start to finish.
Ready to get started?
Call us at 410-997-7700 or click here to fill out our online contact form and we will get back to you ASAP!
Go back to the Starcom Design/Build Homepage