Kitchen Cabinets: Remodeling Secrets Revealed
Maryland | Baltimore | Annapolis | Columbia | Ellicott City
Thinking about new kitchen cabinets in Maryland for you next home remodel?
When it comes to kitchen remodeling, the beauty is in the details.
We know that you might need fresh ideas about how – and where – to find the perfect cabinets.
Below, we provide a comprehensive guide to choosing the right cabinets and what you can do to ensure they are installed correctly.
Our Service Area Includes:
- Silver Spring
- Ellicott City
- Owings Mills
Call us at (410) 997-7700 OR fill out our online contact form
Maryland Kitchen Cabinets Come in All Shapes and Sizes
We understand – sorting through kitchen cabinetry options can make your remodeling project more complicated than it should be.
Factor in issues of cost and installation, and your dream kitchen can quickly turn into a nightmare.
Before you even begin to consider tearing out your old cabinets, it is important to have a kitchen design plan already in mind.
As you investigate cabinets, try following a few simple guidelines. We have included some examples below:
- Theme- If you want your kitchen design to follow a specific theme, select cabinets that will complement the overall look. Are you going for a contemporary feel? Do you prefer a rustic setting? Country kitchen or traditional? Define the look and the cabinet choices will follow.
- Placement - Decide where you want your kitchen cabinetry to be and how you want them secured. Do you want them to be set against the wall, fixed to the floor, or freestanding? You can even position cabinets to support your new countertops.
- Materials - Kitchen cabinets can be crafted from all kinds of materials. Cupboards made from different woods – oak, maple, cherry or hickory – are popular. Stainless steel or metal cabinets are ideal for a modern kitchen, and synthetics like plastic laminate flexibly match many designs.
Looking for an earth-friendly option? Try bamboo. It might be more costly than the others, but it has environmental benefits.
You should also think about general durability. Remember that some materials, like oak, might fade more quickly than others. If you have kids, you might want to consider picking a cabinet that will hide dirt and fingerprints well.
- Finishes- Once you have chosen a base material, clean up the look with a protective and decorative finish. Cabinets can be coated with paint, stain, varnish, lacquer or glaze.
- Hardware- Even though they might seem unimportant, hardware can make a huge difference. Choose knobs or handles that match the theme and the kitchen cupboards themselves.
- Cost – The cost of your custom cabinets will depend on the materials you choose. Oak, for instance, is less expensive than maple or cherry. How much you pay for metal cabinets will be determined by the size of the kitchen and the thickness of the metal itself.
Remember – identifying what you want in advance will make remodeling and installing new Maryland kitchen cabinets much easier.
Starcom Can Help You Get Started
You might decide to be an ambitious go-getter and tackle your kitchen remodel single-handedly. Go for it! But keep in mind that taking on a project yourself has the potential to rob you of time and money, and that you risk making costly mistakes.
If you want to save yourself the hassle, hire an experienced design and construction company.
Professional remodelers can guide you through each and every step of the process, from brainstorming innovative kitchen ideas to setting up your kitchen cabinets in Maryland.
Since 1986, Starcom Design/Build has been doing just that for homeowners in Baltimore, Annapolis, Columbia, Ellicott City and beyond!
We can do the same for YOU!
Starcom promises to deliver the quality construction, professional project management and solid value you deserve.
You can also feel free to visit any of our kitchen showrooms for inspiration.
View more Kitchen Remodel Planning Ideas
Go back to the Starcom Design/Build HOMEPAGE